Titus FOX 1906
- Born: bet. 1756 and 1762
- Marriage: Elizabeth WRIGHT on 25 August 1780 in Wilkes County, North Carolina
- Died: 22 June 1825, Hopkins County, Kentucky
• Revolutionary War Military Service: Elizabeth Fox appeared in Hopkins County court on 12 Mar 1844 to apply for a pension based on service by her husband, Titus Fox. She was a resident of Hopkins County, Kentucky, aged 78 and the widow of Titus Fox.
Elizabeth Wright and Titus Fox were married 25 Aug 1780 in Wilkes County, North Carolina. Titus was a private in the army. He resided in Wilkes County, North Carolina during the time of his service. Elizabeth remembered that Titus was away for 3 months about 2 years before their marriage.
Elizabeth stated she understood that he was a volunteer and that his service was mostly in the lower part of South Carolina in the neighborhood of Charleston. About 1 week after their marriage, Titus started another tour in which he was gone about 2 months and during this tour the battle of Kings Mountain was fought. He wasn't involved in this battle as his infantry company arrived on the grounds a few minutes after the British had surrendered. His next tour of any considerable length occurred in the winter of 1781-82 when he was gone for over two months but she couldn't say the exact length of time he was gone. She did remember that their 1st child was born 2 Jan 1782 while he was away.
Elizabeth could not remember all of the officers (and their ranks) under whom Titus served. She did remember Benjamin Cleveland who was always called Colonel, William Servis, Micajah Servis, Samuel Johnson (who she thinks was called Captain) and Richard Allen (1st called Captain and later Major and then Colonel).
Titus died 11 Jun 1825. Elizabeth remained a widow at the time of the pension application.
On 12 Sep 1852, Jesse Fox appeared in Hopkins County Court. His mother had died on 24 Sep 1845. He listed the children of Elizabeth & Titus Fox as himself (age 47), Allen (age 50), Daniel (age 65 at the time of his death 5 years ago), Mrs. Amelia Meredith (about 70), Mrs. Mary Sisk (about 53), Mrs. Malinda Matthews (about 44), Mrs. Sarah Hankins Matthews (about 56 at the time of her death 3 years ago), and James Fox (53 at the time of his death some 4 years ago).
[Some of Titus Fox's descendants have been accepted in the DAR based on his Revolutionary War service.]
• 1790 United States Federal Census, Titus Fox household, Burke County, North Carolina 1907: Titus' household consisted of 1 m 16+ [Titus], 2 m <16 [Daniel & James] & 3 f [Elizabeth-wife, Amelia & Rachel].
• 1800 United States Federal Census, Titus Fox household, Pendleton District, South Carolina 1785: Titus' household consisted of 2 m 10-15 [Daniel & unknown], 1 m 16-25 [James], 1 m 26-44 [Titus], 3 f <10 [Mary Elizabeth, Sarah, Rachel], 2 f 10-15 [unknown], 1 f 16-25 [Amelia], 1 f 26-44 [Elizabeth], 1 f 45+ [unknown].
• 1810 United States Federal Census, Titus Fox household, Hopkins County, Kentucky 1786: Titus' household consisted of 2 m < 10 [Allen & Jesse], 1 m 16-25 [James], 1 m 45+ [Titus], 3 f 10-15 [Mary, 2 unknown], 2 f 16-25 [Rachel, Sarah], 1 f 26-44 [Amelia] & 1 f 45+ [Elizabeth].
• Property: Sold 100 acres on Flat Creek on 8 February 1819, in Hopkins County, Kentucky. This property was on the waters of Pond River and was sold to Daniel Fox for $200.
• 1820 United States Federal Census, Titus Fox household, Hopkins County, Kentucky: Hopkins County, Kentucky: Titus Fox - 1 m < 10 (unknown), 1 m 10-15 (Jesse), 1 m 16-25 (Allen - possibly), 1 m 45+ (Titus), 1 f 10-15 (Malinda), 1 f 45+ (Elizabeth).
Titus married Elizabeth WRIGHT on 25 August 1780 in Wilkes County, North Carolina. (Elizabeth WRIGHT was born ca 1766 and died on 24 September 1845 in Kentucky.)
• Marriage Bond: 18 August 1780, Titus Fox & Elizabeth Wright, Wilkes County, North Carolina 752